Kate Broderick Photography on Facebook

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Spirits at Play

Though I don't necessarily believe in ghosts, I do believe in the ability to feel the spirit of those who suffered in the places that I frequent. The playgrounds at Belchertown State School are such places charged with what I suppose you would call energy. It's difficult to discern, being that there is a baseball field behind the campus, but it frequently seems as if you can hear children yelling and playing on the swings and the rotted wooden merry-go-round. The back half of the campus where the playgrounds lie was also the spot of two separate deaths of patients who managed to escape the crowded wards unnoticed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This one looks like a shot straight out of a horror movie. I love it though.