Kate Broderick Photography on Facebook

Saturday, November 15, 2008

The View Through the Cemetery Trees

white shack

I apologize for overloading the number of shots on this set but for once I managed to process all of the photos I took the same day and I also figured out how to plug in the html direct from my Flickr account!

Mother nature ushered in the weekend under a shroud of rain and heavy fog. I decided to drive home to visit my parents and as I slowly made my way through the pea soup hanging over the town of Shutesbury, I took a detour to a beautiful old cemetery that had wisps of mist wrapped around every tree and every headstone.



gate 2rs

The gate on the main road of Shutesbury is a beautiful old New England rock wall with a wrought iron gate in the middle. The town was so quiet that only one car passed me as I stood on the opposite side of the tiny two lane road, shooting away.

gate rs


over the wall rs

pine tree 2

Rock walls are a hallmark of the New England landscape and this cemetery's boundaries are marked by low piles of stone that stretched back farther than I could see.

paintingrs

This obelisk caught my eye with the backdrop of fog and the bright red, white, and blue of the American Flag. With a little PhotoShopping I created what looks almost like a painting out of one of my favorite photos of the day.

obelisk 2rs

little red tree 2

little red tree

super fog

Across the street from the main cemetery was another smaller "yard" with a mausoleum nestled in between a triangle of trees, almost perfectly symmetrical.

feathery tree

No comments: