Kate Broderick Photography on Facebook

Friday, May 29, 2009

Cape Cod

Falling behind is never a good idea but unfortunately it happens. Back in April I went out to visit my great uncle who was once a professional photographer and adman back in the 50's and 60's. Not only did I finally get a chance to see his portfolio from back in the day, but I got the opportunity to be inspired by just simply being around him and his wife, also an artist.
Crosby Beach Sky II

Crosby Landing was one of the first beaches I can clearly remember from my childhood when I used to vacation on the Cape with my parents and grandmother. My gram was very taken with the Crosby Mansion, the Crosby family's summer resort.

Unending Arches

Crosby Mansion Exterior

I have been lucky enough to photograph the mansion through it's decades of renovations. This time I even had the opportunity to photograph the interior. The rich wood paneling and Mission style furniture made me want to curl up in front of the hearth and never leave!

Writing Desk

Dining Room

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. I am getting married at the Crsoby Mansion next summer. They should have all of the renovations done by then.

-Kevin Foley