Kate Broderick Photography on Facebook

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Danvers State Hospital Redux

building lean2

Danvers State Hospital, one of the most famous (infamous) Kirkbrides, was converted into condos this past year and opened its doors to its new residents. The Kirkbride still looks remarkably the same, still standing, looking out over the hill that was once its kingdom. So here's a modern take on the original Castle on the Hill.

looking up



building lean

exterior with moon

exterior

3 comments:

Abandoned Reflections said...

That transformation is absolutely incredible. I can't get the image of the abandoned structure out of my head. Could you imagine renting that place out having visited it in years past?

Kate Broderick Photo said...

I've thought the same thing. Trust me!

TheFLy said...

I have just finished that piece i wrote for you, its up on my Placebo Effect blog. Go ahead and check it out. I will leave it up to you to choose a pic for it, one of yours preferably, haha.

buzz buzz